Monday, March 8, 2010

The rut...?

Well how interesting is this...
I'm in a rut.
There's hasn't been anything really new going on in my life for a month or so now. How weird is that?
Tend bar...
Work at the Church...
Babysit...
Kim left for Israel last night while I was tending so I came home to an empty bed. Babysat today, came home and took a mess load of garbage to the curb. uhhhhh yeah, I seem to have become quite boring. I have to say that makes me a bit angry. I work hard enough that when I get home I don't feel like doing anything else, throw in I make 1/4 of the money I used to and you have all the makings of an unhappy Doug. On a plus side, I am fitting into a groove at the Church. The musicians and such are accepting me a wee bit more. Friendships are growing. That's good.
Olive turns two this week and Elle has cut two teeth so she's happier.
Hard to believe that Mealz is going to be four in May, she still seems to be my buddy, not sure how long that will last but so far so good.
On the amusing side of things, Kim's rooster (Kiev) absolutely hates me and wants me dead. I can't go around him without his neck feathers flaring out like the spitting dinosaur from Jurassic Park and charging after me with talons, spurs and beak doing everything in his power to draw blood which he has done several times usually ending up with me holding it by the neck and handing it back to Kim. He's just fine with her...me? not so much. With her gone. I have to take care of them, dang talk about biting the hand that feeds you, it's gonna be a long ten days...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A king of Persia asked his wise men to come up with a saying that the king could use in any circumstance, and still appear wise. They arrived at "This too shall pass".

Work will pick up, and you'll have to decide which gig you want to drop, and what to do with all the extra money. The friendships will develop deeper. Kim will come back with pictures and enthusiasm. Kids will grow.

And the rooster will become more like his namesake. From the wikipedia entry: Chicken Kiev is a popular dish of boneless chicken breast pounded and rolled around cold garlic butter with herbs, then breaded and either fried or baked.

I see you winning that final confrontation with Mr. Kiev. And smiling.

Doug said...

Oh I know which gigs I will drop.
Thanks for the encouraging words!