Saturday, August 4, 2007

Quite the evening...

I took a little trip over to St. Joseph MI to see my dad and Claudia Hommel play a show to benefit The Box Factory.
Once upon a time it was literally a box factory now turned into studio space for dozens of local artists. My sister and her husband Dennis live in St. Joe and I must say it's a great place and I need to spend more time exploring it more at some point. My other sister Donna and her friend Cecilia Drove over from IL. My mom was also there and she graciously paid for my ticket, how could I pass that up. Appetizers and local wine started off the event. Here's where I get owned. I have to say I am a snob. A wine snob to be more exact. IL,IN,MI,WI all produce wine but they are mostly known for fruit wines or late harvest (sweet) wines. I have tasted many Cabs and Merlots and none of them good. Well tonight I had a 05 Cab-Franc blend from Tabor Hill that was really quite good. I wonder if it goes good with crow cause that's what I'm eating...
Dinner was nice and Claudia did two 45 minute sets. The crowd loved the music. It was fantastic to know the event was sold out... right on. Here's the line of the evening. Claudia and the bass player did a wonderful soulful duet. Dad and the cellist sat that song out. At the end of the song Claudia says "wasn't that nice?" Dad's reply??? "Too much Bass" The crowd (including myself) was on the floor. Good one Pop!
Family, good wine, good food, good music...how can you beat that?

Check out a few pics (click to see a bigger version)

Dennis and Paula









A little maniacle?


3 comments:

Donna said...

Nicely said. Excellent pix. Fun to hang with you last night! (I'm pretty sure Paula paid for the ticket and wouldn't take $$ from Mom.)

Mark Aubrey said...

Fun. Does Claudia still have those French Song CDs with your Dad on them? Where do I get a copy or two?

Point me to the URL. I'm too lazy to search.

Angie said...

Such fun. I am so envious. . .would love to have been there!