Saturday, May 9, 2009

Status...

It's Saturday afternoon and I'm sitting in a Starbucks because the lousy Marriott has no free internet anywhere. They used to have lobby internet for free but no more. I can stay in a crappy hotel most anywhere and get free internet. Hey cool! another rant!

I am in San Antonio doing a 4 day show for an RF id tag company called Red Prairie. I hope to get more production work from the guys I'm working for. They use me for about 3 weeks a year. I sure could use some more. I mentioned in a previous post that I wound up going to bar tending school. I sent Steve Palmer form Palmer Place an email asking for some restaurant referrals and he wrote me back saying that he was desperate for a tender for the Summer. I finished my training last night and jumped on a plane this morning for this show. I find out what kind of hours I will be getting when I get home.
I find it interesting that being around all that booze, I have absolutely no desire to drink at all. I was thinking it might be the opposite. I had to take a course called BASSETT covering all the liquor laws and responsibility of bar tenders in IL. It really opened my eyes to making sure we don't over serve people.
I hope the tips are ok, I'm afraid I might be working my tail off for not much scratch. That kind of defeats the purpose of getting the job...lol.

More later...

Happy Mothers Day to all who read.

D

2 comments:

Steve said...

Having work is always good, whether it's on the road or pouring with a heavy hand.

Is there a webcam for the bar? I want to watch you do some fancy glass flips, or light off some flaming concoctions.

Doug said...

ha.... I can't even open a pickle jar without spilling, pretty sure I won't be flipping any bottles.

work is good...