Sunday, December 30, 2007

A good way to end a year...

Michael Aukofer is the music director out at Westridge Church and he called a month ago to see if I could play on the last Sunday of the year. I jumped at the chance to play out there. I have to say I love to serve by playing and if I am available I'll play most anywhere but part of my "jumping" was to play in the new facility. The kids out in Elgin didn't hold back when building this place, state of the art multi-media, audio, lighting and staging makes this one of the most progressive church buildings I have ever seen. Heck even the stained concrete floors are warm and inviting. Of all things Michael has his Doctorate in percussion and has an impressive history which includes drumming for Phil Keaggy and touring with Rich Mullins . He put a killer band together, including my old music boss Kerry Cox, he's amazing. I was humbled beyond words to be included. I can't think of a better way to end a hectic year.









1 comment:

Angie said...

very cool, indeed.

Happy New Year, my friends. Just think, 18 years ago, you helped bless this marriage I am enjoying so much.

Thanks for your love and friendship through the years.