Tuesday, May 15, 2007

A bad flight story...

On a recent flight I settled into my usual seat and prepped myself for a 4-hour flight out West. A mother gets onboard and has seat 1D, being a bulkhead there’s no room in front of her to store baby gear and such. The flight attendant asked if anyone would be willing to change seats with her. I obliged. I take my new seat, to the right of me was a man reading a model train magazine, to my left across the isle? A large man looking quite uncomfortable, grimacing with pain. 15 minutes into the flight the man on my right was reading his magazine and digging in his nose. I naturally started leaning to my left only to see the other man lifting a cheek and filling the pressurized tube we were all in with his flatus. This guy was grunting the whole flight and every time I looked, the guy on my right was buried in his nose up to his second knuckle. What the heck is wrong with people? The flight attendant saw the disgust on my face and motioned me to the galley. She asked what was wrong and I told her. Feeling sorry for putting me in that situation, she poured me double bourbon. As much as I enjoy bourbon, it didn’t make up for the behavior of the pigs on board. Is it too much to ask that people just not be gross?

Such is life...


I forgot. The same flight attendant informed me that she and her fellow crew mates call people who pass gas while flying......Crop dusters